Wednesday 18 July 2018

Criterion A: Inquiring and Analysing.

Challenge
Individuals and societies / communities have a tendency to store , preserve, share or create awareness of their cultures. This can be done by introducing new or existing 
information technology solutions. The digital solutions can transform how we express ourselves, store or creating awareness. 


Your task is to identify an individual or an organization who have an interest of preserving, storing or creating awareness of their cultures and traditions worth sharing or addressed or solved using 
an IT based solution. The problem should be clearly described and the client's current way 
of addressing the situation described. 
The problem description should include the current  limitations the client is facing and detailed explanation of why you think an IT solution will be the best. 


Criterion A: Inquiring and Analysing

Maximum: 8
Students identify the need for a solution to a problem. At the end of year 5, students should
 be able to:
         i. explain and justify the need for a solution to a problem for a specified client/target  audience: (clearly identify the client/target audience)  1 Pages
Have introduction to the unit by highlighting; Global Context, Key Concept, AK strand/s and Learner profile. Explain the background of the problem facing the client/target audience, discuss this problem and how long it has persisted,  show how it has affected the client and community, show how the client is in dire need for solution. Give examples of social challenges arising from this problem, show how an IT solution will be better placed to solve this problem and share the benefits to the client if the problem is solved.
-Two things to consider; 1) Detailed Background information on the culture.
2) Clear and to the point problem Justification.


Make sure you identify and justify:
a) What is the problem?
b) Whose problem is it? ( identify the client/target audience)
c) Where is the problem occurring? ( identify the situation)
d) What is the cause of the problem? 
e) What effect is the problem?

score 7-8:
- A detailed explanation and justification of the problem, using atleast 3 aspectsof well
developed evidence/ supporting research (statistics, quotations, surveys, images, interviews...)  which go beyond simply describing and explaining both the topic and audience, to explain and justify how they are connected.



     ii.   identify and prioritize primary and secondary research needed to develop a solution to the problem: 2 Pages
( clearly identify which sources are primary and secondary and demonstrate understanding of each)
- construct a detailed research plan which identifies and prioritizes the primary and secondary research needed to develop the solution to the problem. Show the what you need to research, how you will gather the info,(primary/secondary), when the task will be completed.
- follow the research plan to collect your detailed information from primary/secondary sources.
- Let your research question cover the cultural problem and the IT tools in detail.


- Independently generate 9+ detailed SMART and appropriate questions, which are clearly prioritized (Top 3 must be in a logical order) and identified as the specific type of primary and secondary research sources, to help develop the solution focused on:


             What?
            Task/Question                
                Priority
            Why is it important?
               Where to gather info?
                     (sources)
           When to be completed?








































   

iii.        analyse a range of existing products that inspire a solution to the problem: 4 Pages
(have a clear analysis of exixstingn products IT tools and finished products which can solve the same problem)
Discuss different IT tools and products; in each type show examples and how they  work plus their images;  ( software; websites, animations, games, apps,...) you intend to use, in each categories show examples and how they  work plus their images, advantages and disadvantages. Their rating/statistical performance of  the existing products other companies have used....
Finally select one out of the list of tools e.g animation justify why it is the best solution than the rest for the problem, show the different types of your IT solution, e.g different animations software and select one animation software that you will use explaining how it work with supporting images  - 3 products are all analyzed in detail . Appropriate usage of subject specific vocabulary ‐ the elements of design ‐ Aesthetic and functional elements.
    iv.        develop a detailed design brief, which summarizes the analysis of relevant research. 2 Pages ( produce a design brief that summarizes their research and then links it to the client/target audience)
- write a detailed design brief that outlines, the client/target audience opinion, the experts opinion, and your personal opinion. discuss the IT tool you will use, discuss the key features of the tool, specifications  and its benefits to the client based on your research.
Your design brief should cover all relevant areas of your research and explaining in detail why you do not use IT tools (these) plus justifications and why you will use this and justifications.

- Write a summary of the collected research, with appropriate images, which tie together the findings from the student’s research and how it will affect their project. Include a coherent design brief
(in paragraph form) that connects the clients’ needs, and how the student’s product intends to solve the problem and any potential constraints (such as time, materials, etc.). 
The design brief must highlight the following aspects of the students research





Achievement level
Level descriptor
0
The student does not reach a standard described by any of the descriptors below.
1–2
The student:
      i.        states the need for a solution to a problem for a specified client/target audience
     ii.        develops a basic design brief, which states the findings of relevant research.
3–4
The student:
      i.        outlines the need for a solution to a problem for a specified client/target audience
     ii.        outlines a research plan, which identifies primary and secondary research needed to develop a solution to the problem, with some guidance
   iii.        analyses one existing product that inspires a solution to the problem
    iv.        develops a design brief, which outlines the analysis of relevant research.
5–6
 The student:
     ii.        explains the need for a solution to a problem for a specified client/target audience
   iii.        constructs a research plan, which identifies and prioritizes primary and secondary research needed to develop a solution to the problem, with some guidance
    iv.        analyses a range of existing products that inspire a solution to the problem
     v.        develops a design brief, which explains the analysis of relevant research.
7–8
The student:
      i.        explains and justifies the need for a solution to a problem for a client/ target audience
     ii.        constructs a detailed research plan, which identifies and prioritizes the primary and secondary research needed to develop a solution to the problem independently
   iii.        analyses a range of existing products that inspire a solution to the problem in detail
    iv.        develops a detailed design brief, which summarizes the analysis of relevant research.

42 comments:

  1. It is Armaan Noorani and the culture i have chosen is the swahili culture.
    My client is Kondo Kawaria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Sabiha Ismail choose to do Swahili Culture for my website. My client will be Mrs Tawhida (Mum). Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, Debra, chose to do the Kalenjin culture. My client will be Mrs Jane, my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Mark Oundo will be working on the Luhya tribe. my client whom i have chosen is Mrs. Oundo, my mother. I will be making a website where witch to store information on the tribe's culture, traditions and social activities. I think that a website is a good way of spreading the information as the internet is globally used by numerous people, in various ages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i Tendo Daniel have chosen my Dad (Dr. Daniel Kyabayinze) as my client because he is a great resource since he is a member of the the royal family of Buganda making too. so am doing Buganda culture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ARYAN KARANI CHOOSE TO DO THE GUJARATI CULTURE AND MY CLIENT IS THE CLASS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, Ethan Telo Olweny have chosen to do the Luo Culture and my client is my Dad, Edwin Olweny

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Omar chose to do on the Giriama culture and my client will be my neighbour at home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Imaan Bandali chose to do the Ismaili culture and my client is Ms Gulzar Bandali(My mom)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Mwanapwani Said have chosen to work on the digo culture which is one of the nine cultures under themiikenda commnunity and my cient being my mum Tumu Omar. who is one f the digo people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, Murtadha Ali have chosen Arabian culture and my client is my Mother .

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Joe MutUa has decided to do the maasai culture and my client is Gabriel Letiina

    ReplyDelete
  16. My client is Carmen Lucia Batista De Paula who is from the Brazilian culture

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be creating a website about the Scandinavian culture. My client will be Mr. Kristopher Wade.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i will be creating a website based on the maasai culture in which i will focus on why we need to stop circumcision of girls and my client is my friends dad chris yamat

    ReplyDelete
  19. I, Jonathan will be creating a website on Luo tribe. My client will be Winnie Ouko.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Ethan will be creating a website on the Bunyoro tribe.My client will be my dad

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will be creating my website about Creole culture. My client will be Sandyne Nau.
    -Shafyna

    ReplyDelete
  22. I Brandon Kanyerezi have chosen to preserve the Buganda culture. My client is my Dad Kawalya Kanyerei who is an active member of the buganda community in Uganda.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I, Sonakshi Roy have chosen the Parsi culture and my client will be Ms. Naztab Aaiyem.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I, Nivyan Lakhani have choose the Indus Valley Civilization, or the Harappan civilization, my client will be my mom (Nadya Nizar Lakhani).

    ReplyDelete
  26. i Gurraj will be doing the maasai culture and my client will be my brother(preetraj)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I, Ahmed Mussa chose to do the Latin American Culture, and my client will be Latin members from around the world. I'll present my work in a website, most probably programmed by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I, Ahmed Mussa chose to do the Latin American Culture, and my client will be Latin members from around the world. I'll present my work in a website, most probably programmed by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is abel and i'll be doing the pokomo culture and i'll be interviewing Amani Komora.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey this is Shema and i shall be doing the kikuyu and i'll be interviewing Mayana

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I Rayn Shamji decided to do the congolese culture and the audience is the people all around the world who will be reading what my work has to say about them

    ReplyDelete
  34. My client I have changed is Ms.Nasm Shamji

    ReplyDelete
  35. I Myles will be doing the taita culture and my client will be my dad Ellon Mwangombe

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am Eshak and i am doing the Arab culture, my clients re going to be sheiks from mosque and madrasa teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  37. i tanya vekaria chose to do the gujarat culture and my client is Dipa(my mum)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I, Shayne Shah have chosen to do the kikuyu culture and my client shall be Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  39. I, Diya Khataw have chosen to do the indian culture and my client is Ms.Harsha( My Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I Marodbegim Shakarmamadova have chosen Pamirian culture andmy clients are Farrukh Shakarmamamdov- (my dad) and Mrs Sangina

    ReplyDelete
  41. Maaher Bhaloo Here! I have chosen the Zanzibar Culture. My Client are my Grandparents. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gracefully written information on this blog are going to support me for my coming assignments. Every point was very clear and taught me few new parameters. I would like to use this information in coming future.bioresonantie hilversum

    ReplyDelete